The London Abused Women's Centre (LAWC) offers abused and exploited women and children over the age of 12 with hope and help. This includes women and girls exploited in prostitution/sex trafficking, abused by their partners and/or exposed to sexual harassment.
Women and girls are provided with women centred, trauma informed counselling, advocacy and support in a safe, non-crisis, non-residential setting.
This site is intended to provide you with information about LAWC’s services as well as educational information about woman abuse. Included, you will find a number of articles, handouts and reports written or approved by LAWC.
You can contact LAWC by phone to schedule an appointment for free counselling, advice and emotional support with a commitment to protecting your privacy. An interpreter will be made available through Across Languages if you prefer to speak in your own language.
In the counselling session, you will be provided with safety planning and useful information about the abuse you are experiencing. Child care is provided during your appointment.
Contact us: Monday - Thursday 9:00am - 5:00pm and Friday 9:00am - 4:00pm at 519-432-2204 to make your appointment.
If you need emergency help, call 911.
For crisis counselling: call the Assaulted Women’s Helpline toll free at 1-866-863-0511 or on your mobile device at #SAFE (#7233)
Be respected as a leading feminist agency in eradicating male violence against women at community and global levels.
Provide women and girls over the age of 12 who are abused in their intimate relationships, through prostitution and/or sex trafficking and/or who are being sexually harassed with immediate access to long term woman centred and trauma informed counselling, advocacy and support.
The London Abused Women’s Centre believes:
- A radical feminist approach to addressing patriarchy is essential in achieving women’s equality;
- Abused women and girls have a right to immediate access to well-resourced services and safety plans and those services must include advocacy, education and collaboration;
- All women and girls are potential victims of male violence and abuse for no other reason than their gender;
- The most dangerous place for women and girls continues to be their homes;
- The majority of men are not abusive; however, the majority of abusers are men;
- Relationships are not abusive, abusers are abusive;
- When mothers are abused, their child(ren) will feel the pain;
- Ending male violence and abuse against women requires advocating for personal, social and political change.
Advocacy: Actions taken to support or to be active in effecting change to a position, policy, cause or proposal.
Feminism: To support women’s rights and interests based on a belief in social, political, legal, and economic equality of the sexes.
London Abused Women’s Centre 2015
To Contact the London Abused Women's Centre:
Phone: 519-432-2204 (TDD)
Mail: London Abused Women's Centre – 797 York Street - London, Ontario - N5W 6A8
Click here for the Outline of London Abused Women's Centre Services